Monday, December 12, 2011

Any suitable evening places for 5 and 3 yr old- loop maybe?

My sister-n-law and I are taking my 2 daughters 5 and 3 to STL for 3 days the beginning of April. I plan to see the zoo for sure, pobably the city museum, maybe botanical Gardens, butterfly house and magic house. We will also see Union Station since we are staying at Mariott at Union Station



I remember last time I was in Memphis with my Mom(I was about 17) there were a handful of families that had children with them down on Beale St, watching the piano players/ musicians.





I would love to expose the girls to a little bit of that local type music culture and I think they would enjoy it. Is there anywhere that I could take them taht would have live music, I dont care the type of the music I just would not want a real crazy scene or a campus type environment. I have in mind someplace like Coops Place or Napoleans in New Orleans,(for any of you who might be familiar) where you might see a crazy few but also would see another family.



Any suitable evening places for 5 and 3 yr old- loop maybe?


I haven%26#39;t been to the places you%26#39;ve mentioned, so I don%26#39;t know how they%26#39;d compare, but Brandts and Riddle%26#39;s Cafes each have live jazz and blues several nights per week. They are probably the most calm places in the Loop to hear music. Most of the other venues, like Cicero%26#39;s, Blueberry Hill and the Pageant are LOUD and aimed at college kids and above.





http://www.brandtscafe.com/





http://www.riddlescafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment