Monday, December 12, 2011

horseback riding

Anyone know of a good place to go horseback riding in Branson? Thank you!



horseback riding


for starters, try www.theshepherdofthehills.com. I would imagine you can take trail rides there. I%26#39;ve seen horses and signs for trail rides around Branson, but don%26#39;t know names of any of the places. Next time I%26#39;m in Branson, I%26#39;ll keep a watch for places and try to post it for you! Sounds like you are trying to plan a %26#39;fun itinerary%26#39; for your Branson trip! tele # for the Shepherd of the Hills is 417 334 4191.



horseback riding


Your great!! I feel like you are my vacation planner. LOL Really do appreciate your help. This is our first trip to Branson and who knows if we will get there again so I like to do everything we possibly can. Trying to keep the kids occupied makes for a peaceful trip. If you ever come to the east coast maybe I can answer some of your questions. I will check out that web site you gave me to see if I can get any info. Thanks again!




In looking thru my Branson book, found another option for you --- Wild Eye Ranch, located in Galena M0, between 15 - 20 miles from Branson. Their tele # is 417 357 6346, and web site is wildeyeranch.com I don%26#39;t know anything about this place, just saw them in the book. Maybe someone else has had experience with them?





And I just checked out another place - Big Cedar Lodge. This is an upscale resort owned by Bass Pro Shops. We have toured the grounds and everything is really nice. You can stay in lodge-type rooms or individual cabins Noticed in the brochure that they have a 1 hour ride ambling through the woods, offering a scenic view of Table Rock Lake. Says riders must be 6 yrs and over. About 15 minutes outside Branson. 417 335 2777 bigcedar.com





I%26#39;ll keeping looking for another places! I like challenges!~




I checked out the web site of wild eye ranch and I wasn%26#39;t too impressed. I found one called Uncle Ike%26#39;s and that looks nice. Its between branson and west branson. I%26#39;m going to check out Bigcedar.com. Thanks again and let me know if you find anything else.




Uncle Ikes has been there for many ,many years. I went on a trail ride there as a kid and had a very good experience. (of course things could have changed since then!). Its very close to the entrance of Silver Dollar City.




Since Uncle Ike%26#39;s is very close to SDC does this mean I should plan around the traffic? From what I gather the traffic to SDC is horrendous. Thank%26#39;s for your reply!




I think that depends on what time of day your are traveling on that stretch of road. Busiest time seems to be in the morning between 9ish and noonish. They have added lanes going into SDC and Indian Point in the last few years so its not as bad as it used to be. Personally, I wouldn%26#39;t worry about it. . . just go with the flow! :)




try www.eliteequineexcursions.com very nice place and he does all day trips,camping and also hunting.




My daughther (age 10) and I went last year to Dogwood Canyon. If you all like the outdoors, this is a beautiful place. The horseback ride was reasonable and the guides were fun. They pointed out wildlife (deer, turkey etc.) along the way. The trailride wasn%26#39;t real scenic, but taking the hike or tram ride while there more than makes up for it. They have several activities for the whole family. It was a good drive out of Branson, but so worth it we are going again this year. If I remember right, the same man that owns Bass Pro Shop bought and developed this canyon. Make sure you take a camera, because the pools, waterfalls and wildlife are just glorious. You can google Dogwood Canyon in Branson,Missouri and it will take you to their web site. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment